Thursday, December 6, 2012



Hello all! So since it's getting a bit cold most places (for some reason here it's in the 70's) I figured that a winter skincare routine would be in order. I don't think I use that many products, but in the winter you do need to add some things to the routine.
I rotate my treatments every other day since I use glycolic acid and so my skin doesn't get used to anything to quick.
First step is to remove my makeup with Almay oil free makeup removing liquid. I have been using this stuff for years because it doesn't break me out, isn't heavy and gets everything off. I sometimes add in wipes if I wore mascara that doesn't want to come off.
Cleansers:
Next is cleansing for which I have two cleansers. The one I am using at night is the Ponds luminous daily exfoliating cleanser which is gentle enough to use everyday. It has tiny exfoliating beads in it that actually make your skin look brighter just like it says! I usually don't like exfoliators because they're too rough or just don't do what they say but this one is perfect.
The other cleanser I use in the morning is the Philosophy purity one step facial cleanser which I'm sure everyone knows about by now. I find that it's not the best cleanser but it does its job and also softens my skin so I like it. I used to use this as my nightly cleanser but I've been needing more of a deep cleansing lately so I switched to the Ponds cleanser.
Treatments:
I use the Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner every other day to make sure all the makeup and dirt is gone and it clears up any little breakouts you may have as well. It's just a basic toner but I would say it is better than drugstore ones I have used because it's very gentle but still works very well, also for the price you get a lot of product.
Next treatment I use on the other days is Alpha H liquid gold which has an obvious cult following. I started using it after A Model Recommends on YouTube said she swears by it and it's been a mainstay in my product lineup ever since. You can use it every other day if your skin isn't very sensitive, but some people need to use it less than that. I leave it on as a treatment over night, so it's the last step in my plan and I don't use moisturizer afterwards. On the days I use my toner I use moisturizer.
Moisturizers:
I switch to the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion in the winter because I need heavier moisturizers in the winter as my skin gets very dry. This one is heavy enough to keep my skin from getting dry but is non-comedogenic so it won't break me out like other heavy ones seem to do.
Last is the Origins gin zing eye cream which I did a previous review on. It's still to soon to say anything on dark circles fading but I do notice my eye area is a lot brighter and I use less concealer. It's also good on "no makeup" days if you don't feel like wearing a ton of concealer/foundation it still makes you look more awake.

0 comments :

Post a Comment