Monday, December 17, 2012



1. Favorite brand?
          -Maybelline and Revlon are at the top of my list. They make very good quality products for the drugstore price and I've only ever not liked a couple of their products. I think all of Revlon products are great, especially their foundations and the new color range. Maybelline makes a great selection of mascaras and eyeliners and their eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and high quality for the price.

2. Favorite face, cheek and lip products?
         -Face products: Loreal true match lumi foundation has a great shade selection of cool and warm tones, has perfect medium coverage and makes your skin look more luminous just like it says.
Neutrogena healthy skin foundation is a new buy for me and it is already a holy grail foundation for me. It goes on smooth and blends perfectly while covering imperfections and not feeling or looking heavy.
        -Cheek: Physicians formula happy booster blush is a sheer pinky blush that is good for "no makeup" days or any natural look. It comes in two shades, a darker pink and the light one which I have. Revlon photo ready creme blush in flushed is a long lasting creme blush. It is very pigmented so a light hand is needed but it stays on all day and can either look natural or dramatic depending on how much you put on. This is the only creme blush I've actually liked so that says a lot.
        -Lip: Revlon colorburst lip butters were new over the summer and I went out and picked up a couple colors to try out and end up going back to get every color. They are a little less pigmented than lipstick but have more staying power and moisturizing benefits than even high end lipsticks. My favorite colors are candy apple and sweet tart, a cherry red and a candy pink. 
Revlon super lustrous lipstick are possibly the best lipsticks i've used. They are pigmented and stay on longer than most lipsticks. They also have a color range that reminds me of higher end lipsticks. I'll do a full review on these with swatches. Nivea mint & minerals lip balm is a perfect little winter lip balm. It doesn't dry out your lips even more like chapstick does and I have noticed that I need to use less lip balm after finishing a tube of this balm because it moisturizes your lips so much.

3. Least favorite products?
         -Garnier skin renew miracle skin perfector bb cream was something i picked up during the drugstore bb cream craze. This really just didn't give any coverage and even the lightest color was too dark for both my mom and I's skin (I'm not all that fair). It felt like a really heavy moisturizer mixed with foundation. It's nice for if you don't need a lot of coverage or you just want to even a little bit but it's just not as great as some other bb creams.
Covergirl nature luxe waterproof mascara is a product I thought I liked at first until I started using it on a daily basis and realized the scent made my eyes water. I'm not sensitive to scents so that was a shock but I do love the mascara for the light coverage it has, I just can't deal with the scent. It's a very natural coverage, similar to Maybelline great lash but more noticeable.

4. Underloved product?
        -Almay intese i-color liquid eyeliner I picked up on whim when I ran out of my other liner but I have stuck to this one religiously now. It is long lasting, the brush is small enough to be easy to maneuver and it is easy to blend and not too wet.

5. Overpriced product?
       -The new Loreal visible lift foundation is around $16 at all of the stores I have been too and even with a coupon that's too much for a drugstore foundation. I've been trying to find the cheapest price so I can try it out but I just don't want to shell out $16 for a foundation I might not like. I've heard great things about it though so maybe I'll cave soon.

6. Best drugstore dupe?
      -This was a tough one because usually if I like the higher end one I just stick with it, but I have been going back to drugstore concealers. The Maybelline super stay 24 hour concealer is very similar to MAC pro longwear concealer in texture, staying power and coverage.

7. Not worth the hype?
     -I generally only buy things that I know I will like, but there have been some things with big hypes that I thought just didn't fulfill my expectations for them. The first is Maybelline great lash mascara, now I used this mascara when I first got into makeup and it was perfect then because of the things I don't like about it now. It just doesn't show up well and so isn't noticeable, and for $6 a tube I could go buy a better mascara. Next is the Maybelline baby lips balm, I usually don't say I hate lip balms because they're just balms and can be used up and are cheap. The problem with these though is they're $5 for a tube and just dried my lips out even more. I ended up using them up so I wouldn't waste them, but they just aren't that great for all the hype, the nivea lip balms are much better and are cheaper.

I'll be doing separate reviews of some of these products!

0 comments :

Post a Comment