Sunday, December 16, 2012

I tend to buy drugstore mascaras over high end ones because if you end up not liking it, you only wasted a couple dollars versus upwards of $20. I have used high end ones but never really found that I like them or can't deal with shelling out big bucks for them. So here are my favorite drugstore mascaras.
Almay get up & grow waterproof is a great natural looking mascara with buildable coverage. It isn't too wet but also holds a curl very well. I usually don't like Almay makeup but this is the one exception. The brush is nice as well as it gets the smaller lashes without trouble and makes getting to the root of the eyelash much not a chore.

Maybelline full'n soft is more of an intense natural (does that make sense?) coverage mascara. They have a waterproof version but I thought i'd try out the regular one. I generally find with non waterproof mascaras that they run and just generally don't work out well on me. This one is very different, it holds a curl, isn't too wet, and doesn't run. The brush is just a basic one but it does make a difference on the outside lashes as far as coverage. You can also use this mascara on your bottom lashes and it doesn't run or rub off.

Maybelline falsies is such a raved about mascara and it's easy to see why. It doesn't look that great when you look at the brush but trust me it is one of the best drugstore mascaras. The brush has a slight curl (doesn't show up in the picture) that gets to the root of the lashes and actually curls them a bit. Most mascaras that claim to curl, never do, but this one does. It is quite an intense mascara and so one coat is just enough. It holds a curl extremely well and lasts all day. 

All of these mascaras are great so I recomend you check them out! Personally the Maybelline falsies is my all time favorite and the Almay get up and grow comes in second. I like to layer them if I need more of an intense look. What are your favorite mascaras?

0 comments :

Post a Comment