Saturday, January 12, 2013


Today I'm going to post about my favorite lip products. These are all products that I use on an everyday makeup looks, so no bold lipsticks or anything like that, just basic colors and glosses. 
The first is the Benefit ultra shines lip gloss in life on the a list, a nude pinky color. Benefit says "drench your lips in brilliant shine and a burst of juicy color that's never sticky," which I whole heatedly agree with. This gloss is never sticky and stays on for quite a while, while giving a good dose of color, especially for a nude shade. 
Next is a new favorite which is the NP Set (target) lip balm in baja, a pinky red color. This basically a tinted lip balm in a tin instead of tube. It has a great texture and buildable coverage, so you can do a little tint of red, or a full on red lip. This is also great to put over/under other red lipsticks to give them staying power. It has no shimmer and lasts for a couple hours. 
Revlon color stay mineralize lip glazes in perennial pink (538) and timeless nude (512), are great long lasting glazes. They go on smooth, aren't drying and last forever. They lasted through a whole night from about 5pm to 1am, when I asked a friend if my lipstick was still on she said it still looked perfect, and it did! They have a bit of a shimmer to them, but its not noticeable except to give more shine. Perennial pink is a great natural but still a little bold pink and Timeless nude is a perfect natural lip color nude. 
Two Nivea products are my favorites which are the Kiss of Shine lip gloss and Kiss of mint & minerals lip balm. The Kiss of shine lip gloss is a perfect everyday or "no makeup" look. It isn't sticky, lasts for a while and adds just a little bit of nude color and gloss. I have used it in place of lip balms if I forget them and it works just as good if not better at moisturizing. The Kiss of mint & minerals lip balm is verily new and I have already used up 4 of them in the last couple of months, that's how great they are. I have one in my purse, one in my makeup drawer and others scattered around and I always use them. Definitely a great basic lip balm and I will continue to buy it. 
Last but not least is Revlon super lustrous lipstick in just enough buff (613). A perfect "your lips but better" lipstick. These lipsticks have great staying power, coverage and are super moisturizing. As you can see in the swatch below it is a basic nude with no shimmer. It matches almost every natural lip color or within a shade, but even if its not the right tone nude for you, it's still a great lipstick in general. 
Swatches from left to right:
Benefit lip gloss in life on the a list, NP set lip balm in baja, Revlon colorstay mineral lipglazes in timeless nude and perennial pink, Nivea kiss of shine lip gloss, and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in just enough buff

0 comments :

Post a Comment