Thursday, January 24, 2013


There have been loads of new products popping up in the drugstore so I decided to pick a few up. The first that I really wanted to try was the Revlon Nearly Naked line, which I will do a full review on later. It claims to look like you have no makeup on and melts into skin. The first thing that needs to be noted is that they don't have very many shades. The only light cool color was way too light for my skin. They need a shade or two darker cool tones. So I got the liquid foundation and the powder, I don't usually use powder but I thought I'd try it out.
The L'oreal true match super blendable crayon concealer is another new face product that claims to blend seamlessly into skin. I found that it's good for undereye use, though it does crease so blend well and use powder. Other than that it's just a basic concealer, there's nothing exciting about it.
Now the product everyone is freaking out about, the L'oreal colour riche caresse wet shine stain (long name) ,which is supposed to be a dupe for ysl glossy stain. I got this in the shade pink resistance (183) which is a nude pink color. This shade is the exact color of my lips so maybe that was a bad color decision, but I will do a full review on these.
Next is a hair product, the L'oreal advanced color vibrancy dual protect spray. It claims to be a heat protectant, nutrient spray and color protector in one. Now I have only really used it for one purpose so far and that's the nutrient spray. I feel like this wouldn't heat protect very well, but it does soften the hair and smells nice. As far as color protection goes, I'm not sure yet, but I am closer to my natural color so I might not be able to notice at all.
Last is not a new product, but it is my first NYX product so I included it. I got the jumbo eye pencil in iced mocha (617) and I love it already. It's great to use on the outer corners and smudge to give a little smokey look to a natural makeup day and it's perfect for lining the lashes. It stays on forever and blends easily, so this will be a new everyday staple.


0 comments :

Post a Comment